Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fuji Transfers...the continuing saga.

OK.
I did a few more transfers and have learned quite a bit.
First, however, I finally found an article from Fuji's newsletter that explains a lot. It appears that Fuji is at least trying to take us into their confidence. See below.
My first attempt(s) were on wet Arches. I have found (another bunch of film gone) that the paper really does not need to be wet. What I actually was doing was removing the sizing which is why it worked so "well." Well, better than my first attempts.
So now, or at least tomorrow, I am going at it again and will report back here and let you see the results.
Today's results showed some lavender fogging, which I now understand is the Fuji film being slightly solarized. So, I am going to give you no pictures today, but a few tomorrow which should help a lot.
Meanwhile, here's the link for the Fuji newsletter.
Happy reading.
http://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/CableRelease_May_2008_CR08.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment