Saturday, September 19, 2009

A buck a floor


We were in Los Angeles for an assignment and I naturally brought my Zero 2000 with me. First day there we took the elevator to the top floor of the Standard Hotel. First, the view as you can see is awesome.

We were fortunate enough to have beautiful cloud cover, a rarity in LA. Second, anytime you can get up high in LA you are in for a treat. Not only does the skyline impress, but this image I think says a lot about the dichotomy of the area.

Here is new LA in the towering buildings contrasted by the old apartments on the lower left off of 6th Street.

Incidentally, we have figured out how the Standard determines charges for wine. Two glasses of Pinot Grigio were 26 bucks...that works out to a dollar a floor. Incidentally, DO NOT eat rare hamburgers in LA. Diana ordered a rare hamburger at 14 bucks (we were, after all on the bottom floor so they obviously charge in reverse.) She got e-coli and we had to drive home...FAST.

But, we did get the job done, which you can see here, and got some great LA architecture to boot. I'll share more later when my scanner decides to work according to plan.

The photograph was 4 alligators on Fuji Superia.

P.S. Please see the November issue of Shutterbug. My pinhole article appears inside and on the cover is a pinhole of Oceanside City Hall. Anyone for autographs?

No comments:

Post a Comment