Friday, October 30, 2009

Putting the FUN in Photography again

Digital photography promised to be THE boon to us photographers when it first reared it's beautiful head. Now, I'm not so sure. The upgrades in software alone will drive you nuts. While Diana is using CS4 (when will CS5 be announced?) I am still on CS2. Why?

I like my life uncomplicated. There is only so much I can or even want to do to a photograph. That really applies to pinholes. After all, I am looking for a simple way to express my feelings to an audience. Diana on the other hand, loves the manipulation afforded by all the goo gaws of CS4.

So, for those of you who would like to just have fun, please look into pinholes...they are cheap, use film, and what you imagine is almost always what you get.

I want to introduce you to another good friend in the pinhole world, Brian Krummel. He has just published his new book (which I highly recommend) regarding pinholes. If you need a great book about pinholes, his is beautiful!

You can also read an interview Brian did with me here.

Go out. Have fun with a pinhole. No you don't get instant gratification, but that's sort of nice, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment